About Station 20 West
Station 20 West is a Community Enterprise Centre (CEC) in the heart of Saskatoon’s west-side core neighbourhoods.
Station 20 West opened in the fall of 2012, providing a single location to access these services:
- Housing, employment, and economic development programs — Quint Development Corporation
- Works with children, families and communities to improve access to good food and promote food security — CHEP Good Food Inc.
- The KidsFirst program — a home-based early childhood development program
- A Neighbourhood Health Centre — the Saskatoon Health Region
- Community Outreach and Engagement Office — University of Saskatchewan
- The Boxcar Café — A program for young people needing work experience and interested in running a business or the hospitality industry.
- A large multi-purpose room and smaller rooms available to rent for community events and meetings.
Station 20 West is part of a larger neighbourhood revitalization site that includes 55 affordable housing units and a City of Saskatoon Public Library branch – The Library on 20th Street.
Station 20 West Development Corporation makes a significant contribution to social, health, education and economic equality in the core neighbourhoods of Saskatoon.
Station 20 West Development Corporation provides space and facilitates the provision of services and amenities to enhance the lives of individuals and families in the core communities of Saskatoon.
We do many things. Here's a few examples of what's available
- improved access to healthy food;
- collective cooking groups, nutrition education, and community gardens;
- jobs and affordable housing;
- in-home support for vulnerable families, improved support for health, education, community-based research, peer support, and new learning opportunities for mothers and other residents.
Building Community Capacity Through Neighbourhood-Based Initiatives: Station 20 West Community Enterprise Centre
Presented by: Len Usiskin, Manager, Quint Development Corporation & Co-Manager, Station 20 West Development Corporation
At the Canadian Housing & Renewal Association, National Congress on Housing and Homelessness, Winnipeg, April 30, 2015
Station 20 West
Space for Lease in Station 20 West
January 01, 2020
Station 20 West’s New Child has Returned
March 03, 2016
Partners in Action: Station 20 West
February 02, 2016