About Station 20 West
Station 20 West is a Community Enterprise Centre (CEC) in the heart of Saskatoon’s west-side core neighbourhoods.
Station 20 West opened in the fall of 2012, providing a single location to access these services:
- Housing, employment, and economic development programs — Quint Development Corporation
- Works with children, families and communities to improve access to good food and promote food security — CHEP Good Food Inc.
- A Mothers’ Centre — where women meet to support one another
- The KidsFirst program — a home-based early childhood development program
- A Neighbourhood Health Centre — the Saskatoon Health Region
- Community Outreach and Engagement Office — University of Saskatchewan
- The Boxcar Café — A program for young people needing work experience and interested in running a business or the hospitality industry.
- A large multi-purpose room and smaller rooms available to rent for community events and meetings.
Station 20 West is part of a larger neighbourhood revitalization site that includes 55 affordable housing units and a City of Saskatoon Public Library branch – The Library on 20th Street.
Station 20 West should make a significant contribution to social and economic equity in the core neighbourhoods of Saskatoon.
Station 20 West works to reduce poverty and build healthy communities through a collaborative community development approach.
We do many things. Here's a few examples of what's available
- improved access to healthy food;
- collective cooking groups, nutrition education, and community gardens;
- jobs and affordable housing;
- in-home support for vulnerable families, improved support for health, education, community-based research, peer support, and new learning opportunities for mothers and other residents.
Building Community Capacity Through Neighbourhood-Based Initiatives: Station 20 West Community Enterprise Centre
Presented by: Len Usiskin, Manager, Quint Development Corporation & Co-Manager, Station 20 West Development Corporation
At the Canadian Housing & Renewal Association, National Congress on Housing and Homelessness, Winnipeg, April 30, 2015
Station 20 West
Station 20 West’s New Child has Returned
March 03, 2016
Partners in Action: Station 20 West
February 02, 2016